Thursday, February 28, 2008
Summary
I read a couple articles from the health news review website that we were supposed to look into. I found a couple articles focusing on my general topic of birth control; "The pill: Prophylactic against cancer" and "FDA approves first pill meant to end periods." Both of these reviews took an interview and just rehased what was said; NBC News, New York hosted both episodes. I really don't feel that these reviews will help anyone in the health field because there's just question and answer and no doctor or trained personnel is actually sharing their point of view with you. Two people are just stating what they know and believe to be true and no one is really contradicting them; more sources would definitely be needed in order to further a conclusion. A couple other articles I obtained were; "Mini medical miracles: Getting rid of wrinkles,"A boost for women's low libido," and "Blood pressure vaccine maybe on way." The women's libido review follows the same general outline as the previous articles I talked about; the other two actually had an author, summary's of what they were reviewing, and a discussion with their input and general knowledge. A review is kind of a way to dumb down what researchers are doing in order to help the human race to understand the subject they are looking up. The "Blood pressure vaccine" for example is really easy to follow and gives its audience a feel as to the possibility of a vaccine instead of talking in vocabulary that non-health related fields wouldn't be able to understand. Most of these articles require some background check to see how liable they are and this website even has a chart at the beginning of each review showing how accurate and useful these reviews/articles that are being reviewed are (as well as the data they represent).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment